How to Lodge a Complain Process

How to Lodge a Complaint with the B-BBEE Commission?

Any person can lodge a complaint with us by submitting a completed FORM B-BBEE 7 and state the nature of the complaint.

Specifically, a person is required to provide the following information on the Form:

  1. a description of the conduct or practice alleged to be in contravention of the Act;
  2. particulars of a person, sphere of government, entity or organ of state alleged to be in contravention with the Act;
  3. name and contact details of any person that may provide information that is relevant to the complaint to the Commission;
  4. information on measures taken by the complainant to attempt to resolve the complaint, including alternative dispute resolution measures, prior to lodging the complaint; and
  5. the way in which the alleged contravention may in the opinion of the complainant be addressed.

In submitting the Form, the complainant is requested to attach any relevant information such as shareholders’ contracts, B-BBEE Certificates and company registration certificates to assist us to better understand your complaint.

On receipt of the complaint, we will acknowledge receipt and issue a case number to the complainant within five (5) days. We may request further information by issuing FORM B-BBEE 8. In terms of section 13L, a person may claim that all or part of that information is confidential and the claim must be supported by a written statement explaining why the information is confidential.

What can be the outcome of the Complaint?

We assess all complaints we receive, and will issue a notice of non-investigation to the complainant in FORM B-BBEE 11, if we are of the view that (a) we have no jurisdiction to look into the matter; or (b) a complaint does not warrant an investigation.

Where there is jurisdiction and the complaint warrants an investigation, a Notice of Investigation will be issued. The investigation can include summons and formal hearings.

Findings and recommendations will be made. Prosecution will therefore be pursued where determined.

How to contact us?

You may write, e-mail, phone, visit our offices or complete the complaint form online on the website.